Hello! Welcome to Maci On The Move. Here, we are all about living a financially free and acceptable life. It’s not easy spending your whole developing life in school, then come out and join the workforce. Believe me, most of us know how that goes.
We are here to help you find ways to ease the burdens and stressors of your career and your finances, all while looking cute and stylish!
This blog covers everything from career to cashmere, and anything in between, so let’s go over some of the topics.
- Finance: Goes over how to save, budget, and manage your money. This also includes tips on investing, finding the right credit card, and improving your credit score!
- Job Tips: Everything from building the perfect resume to crafting a cover letter to land you the job. We also talk about workplace tips when you already have a job.
- Side Hustles: Ever thought about a way to make a little cash on the side of your job? That’s a side hustle. From thrift store flipping to making and selling your own goods, let’s talk about how to find a lucrative side hustle.
- Fashion: Want to be a strong, independent, career enthusiast while also looking great? Dressing for success is REAL. Don’t just dress for others, dress for yourself to feel confident, and do it affordably.
- Upcycling/Thrifting: One of the easiest ways to dress and decorate your home affordably is to buy second hand. With the mass production of fast fashion and other products, there are SO many items out there that need to find their second home without ending up in the landfill.
- DIY: Another way to stay within a budget and live affordably is to develop those crafting skills. From gifts to your own home decor, DIY projects are the way to go.
- These FREE printables include everything from cover letter and resume templates, to gift ideas and invitations.
Hi! I’m Maci, founder at Maci On The Move. I decided to start this blog as a creative outlet.
I graduated from Chico State in 2019, and since then spent almost a year working at my high school job trying to decide what I wanted to do. In reality, I wasn’t trying to “decide” anything. I was just buying myself time before I had to work full time!
Obviously, the COVID-19 pandemic hit in early 2020, and I, like millions of others was laid off from my two part-time jobs. Extremely fortunately for me, I was employed in a new full-time job within one week after being laid off.
For that, I am going to thank having connections because as you will learn when navigating work-life, connections are EVERYTHING.
When I graduated, I received my Bachelor of Science in Cellular and Molecular Biology. Since landing a full-time job, I have been working as a Quality Control Microbiologist. I like the work at my job, I like the people, too. However, I just don’t know if I’m sold on the whole “work 8-5 everyday and take your paycheck”.
As I try to navigate through my wishy-washy, messy life, I plan to update my readers every step of the way! If even one person can find helpful advice from dealing with the same issues, then mission accomplished!
Let’s work together to build ourselves up in a successful career, learn how to manage our finances, find side hustles, and affordably style our lives!
Please reach out to me through the Contact page for any questions, comments, or concerns. I am always open to taking advice or critique. This blog is also open to guest blogging opportunities.